Saturday, June 13, 2009

Steak dinner and deliciously aged beers!



So we spontaneously made a steak dinner tonight! We got a couple of Top Loin New York strips (two inches thick!) and fried them in a pan. I liberally seasoned them with salt and pepper and cooked them to a nice medium rare. They actually turned out really well. The last time I attempted to pan fry steak it was a disaster.

Preceding the steak dinner; I opened a couple of beers from my collection! First was a 6 month old Scaldis Noel, which was delicious.

Next was an Anchor "Our Special Ale" which was also tasty. It tasted like Christmas in June!


1 comment:

  1. Wow that's awesome! I could go for a steak too.

    We made chicken/veggie sausages with provalone, onions, and peppers. We had the Hale's Aftermath Imperial IPA, Stone/JollyPumpkin/Nogne Special Holiday Ale, and Eel Creek IPAs for brews. Quite the feast!

    ReplyDelete