Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chicken Success and Dessert Disaster

First food blog! woot woot! Lately I have been looking at a bunch of different blogs about food and cooking and feeling totally inspired to try some of the amazing things I read about. I will put links to some of my favorite blogs up once Code shows me how. (I'm new to all of this, so just be patient.)

SO after going to the store and getting a few ingredients I came home ready to make a wonderful meal. Oven roasted chicken, potato salad, and dill, red onion, and cheese drop biscuits AND for dessert some kind of tart using a new tart pan I got at Goodwill.

First I must say the biscuits are amazing. I took one look at them on everybody loves sandwiches and knew I had to make them. The recipe is simple and the end result is nothing short of a masterpiece. I WILL make these again. In fact I plan on getting up early and making poached eggs to top these babies off for tomorrows breakfast!

My first time roasting chicken and I have to say it was really good. I tend to think less is more in the seasoning department, so all I really did was rub the chicken with some melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Oven at 375 and cook for about 50 minutes.

My potato salad was kind of a catch-all mix of things in the fridge.

ALRIGHT....now to my total disappointment:
Really there is NOTHING good about this dessert. I started with a oat meal crust (oat meal, melted butter and brown sugar-mixed together and then pressed into the pan and baked for 15 minutes at 350) then a boxed mix of pudding which I added a little dark rum to, and top with strawberries. I really had such high hopes which all came crashing down once I took one bite.

It just sort of bums me out because I was hoping for a great sweet treat. Maybe I'll make Cody go to the store for some ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment