Sunday, August 30, 2009

Random Food Adventures!!!

The wedding is done. The honeymoon is over. Back to normal life. My new adventure is food!!

While I received TONS of awesome kitchen gadgets as wedding presents-I have not been able to use them all and really we have been so busy that I have not had any time to even clean my kitchen, let alone cook in it. I daydream of a time where I have so much free time that I can organize, cook, clean, try out new recipes...

Here are some of my resent post-wedding food adventures. enjoy!














Cody and I found this crazy little candy bar at Whole Foods in the meat department. At first glance we laughed, then we were a little grossed out, then we thought we should not judge a candy bar by its ingredients and decided to try it. Sweet and savory. The bacon was in big enough pieces that you could taste it, but it wasn't overpowering. And as an added bonus as I was taking a bite I noticed some letters, so I pulled the candy all the way out of its wrapper and saw this great message. I am not sure why I had to close my eyes, but I did. it was worth it.



Sometime last week I wanted to make dinner, but was short on time. I took a look in the fridge and freezer and found everything here to make this beautiful meal! The adventure on this plate was the couscous. I had never made it before this meal! It was super easy and really good with all of the extras I through in! This couscous came from a box mix-and I really think when I make couscous again I will definitely NOT do this. The only reason is because the boxed mix was kinda spendy and the seasoning packet kinda boring. I would rather make-up my own. I loved the cucumber salad (just cucumbers with a little dressing) because it was good and uncomplicated.


The last adventure is a new take on an absolute favorite in our house! These personal pizzas are made by using the Middle Eastern flat bread from Trader Joe's, spaghetti sauce, and then toppings. This time we used carmelized onions and peperoni. Usually we do red onion, mushroom, sausage, basil and mozzarella. I am getting hungry just thinging about them!! I got the recipe from a blogger I LOVE! Shutterbean is always fun to read, and she inspires me to get my bum in the kitchen and try one of her amazing dishes. (and as an added bonus, her baby Cooper is SUPER CUTE!!! -check out the picture of him in his crib when he was just tiny!! He looks like a bean!)

But back to the pizza...They are so easy and I always have mine with a glass of red wine. I really want to have someone over for dinner and make these just so we can talk about how good they are! any takers???

No comments:

Post a Comment